Sunday, May 10, 2009

Interview with parents

Today, I will interview one of my parents on a book that has changed thier lives or inspired them greatly.
So, below are some of the findings that are translated from chinese, so bear with me if I get it wrong.

Me : So, can you give me a brief introduction on the book?

Mom: It is a book written by the founder of the Buddist Tzu Chi Foundation, Master Cheng Yen,
"Still Thoughts". It is a book listing down a hundred teachings of the Master.

Me : Could you tell me what was so inspiring about this book?

Mom: Some of the teachings in the book are very inspiring, for example, "Anger is taking another's mistake and using it to punish yourself." Now, whenever I get angry, I would think of this phrase and I would calm myself down. Another great example is, " A cup with a chip, when seen from a different angle, is still round." It basically means that people all have flaws, but in order for us to get along, we must learn to accept each others' imperfections.

Me: Ok, thank you for taking some time out of your schedule for this interview. Bye.

Mom: Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment